Tuesday, February 1, 2011

A wins a win...

Well well well, looks like I have proved my wife wrong for the first time in our marriage.  A few weeks ago I said to my wife “my beautiful wife of mine, I think we should buy a Nintendo Wii with part of our Income tax refund.  It is full of great workout games and we would also be getting the Wii fit to keep us in better shape and have fun doing it.”  Her reply (might be misconstrued, but for humor sake here it goes)  “there is no way we are getting a video game system for you so you can play video games all day long…  I do not need you getting lazy playing a game system.  That is a stupid idea Brian… video game system… geez”  Made me feel like I was 7 years old asking for a gaming system and having my parents say we are not getting you or your brother a gaming system.  Then to take our attention away from our crazy idea, they would say the floor was lava and that would keep us busy trying not to touch the floor for hours.  This game was also called your poor… I am kidding my dad actually was the one who bought the first Nintendo and stayed up for hours playing duck hunt and Mario saying to my brother and me that it was still his turn because he was older that is no lie, my mom can verify that. 
Ok, so this morning I woke up to snow (which was expected) and to negative wind-chill temperatures that was around -20 degrees, yes -20 and it is supposed to be colder tomorrow!  I am in West Texas where it does get cold but to a degree not a negative degree and 20 of them.  I got up early to warm up the car and to leave to work early because of the roads.  I got in the car and it said 6 degrees I think that was inside temperature of the car.  Well, I got wrapped up like the kid from A Christmas Story. 


















Finally my wife is going to be going for 50 blogs in 50 days.  I told her the parts that might cause her not to blog each day and she thinks I meant that she couldn’t.  I do think she can contrary to her blog today www.onepumpkinandcounting.blogspot.com so go for it babe!  Also, back to the win.  The all-time record for me is 1 win and 265,332,078.  So I have quite of ways to go to be caught back up. 

1 comment: