Monday, February 7, 2011

This ones for the... Cat. Also, working for the weekend???

I have realized that I have posted a lot of about my beautiful daughter Lilly and have left out my step-daughter Pumpkin Haire-Anguish.  Pumpkin is my wife’s firstborn (cat) that has more personality than I have ever seen in a cat.  For example, when she is thirsty she does not drink from a bowl because she prefers to drink from the sink… We just turn in on a trickle and she drinks out of it like a water fountain.  Also, when she is thirsty she makes all aware of it.  She will mess with bags in the wee hours of the morning, jump on the bed and meow as loud as she can until one of us notice her, chew on Molly’s hair, and last resort she will jump on our nightstands and knock over items on purpose.  She is a teenager through and through.  She hides when she is in trouble, yells when she is mad, and makes a mess to try to prove a point.  I honestly would not want it any other way.  Pumpkin makes our life quite interesting with her antics but she is also the kitty that gets up with Molly and me at night with Lilly to be on guard while we feed her.  She is the kitty that will go to bed the same time Lilly does in the twin bed we have in Lilly’s room the bed that is now Pumpkins.  She acts like she does not like Lilly but you can tell secretly that she loves her very much and is protective of her.  She might be a cat but she is our cat, my step-daughter and Molly’s firstborn.  Pumpkin thank you for making our lives better by just being the cat you are.  I have always considered myself a dog person, but pumpkin has shown me that cats are just as fun and honestly easier to take care of.  To pumpkin!














Ok, so let’s talk about the weekend.  Molly and I spent most of Saturday in the apartment.  I worked on some homework and she did some pretty awesome crafts which I think when she starts to put them on the market you all should buy them because they are awesome!  Well, we also watched a few episodes of the Fox hit Glee, yes I said Glee.  We wanted to see what the big deal was with the show and we still are not impressed.  Sorry Gleeks, the show stinks.  Back to the weekend, Lilly was doing so good all day long, she was eating well, taking naps, watching Molly do crafts, me do some homework (She feel asleep because I was boring), and she just talked the whole day.  We were very pleased that she was doing so well.  New parents you understand what we mean.  A happy baby is much better than a screaming baby….
Then all hell broke loose.  Steph and Corey some of our friends were in town and wanted to treat us to a delicious dinner of Sushi.  So we went to this restaurant thinking to ourselves that Lilly has done so good it should be a fun evening…  Guess what?  Wrong.  We get to the restaurant and Lilly decided she did not like all the noise and the terrible jazz tunes the house band was playing that night.  I honestly felt like screaming as well because of the shrieking jazz saxophone and jazz flute… I held back though.  Well Back to the story… So we get to the restaurant and for a few minutes Lilly is just staring at Steph and Corey wondering who the heck they are… Then bam… The shrieks of the life time… people are staring and I am giving them looks back.  Molly is trying to soothe Lilly and nothing is working.  So Molly and Steph take her to the entrance to try and get her to calm down… it kind of works… but right when they get back to the table Lilly starts up again… People are looking, I am looking at them.  I think to myself if I hear one comment I am going to chunk my west Texas sushi at them in hopes the jalapeño will hit them in their eye.  Well, I go after Molly and Lilly and I let Molly go sit at the table to see if I can calm her down.  Guess what?  (Loud journey music starts to play) and Super Dad arrives and I get her to actually go to sleep! 








Yes, after 30mins of screaming she actually started to laugh at me and then she allowed herself to go to sleep.  So for new dads out there this was a win for us.  For new parents I know there is nothing worse than hearing your little one cry and it just hurts because you don’t know what to do.  I say this patience yes patience will get you through.  Molly and I both are learning more patience how handling Lilly and it works.  It is tough but just have patience and things will get better.  Well this is my blog for today… Thanks for stopping by.. Internet… and like always you stay classy!  here is a cute picture of Lilly to finish off the blog...

1 comment:

  1. I let Pumpkin read your blog. She's pretty impressed. Of course, she loves anything written about her, so now she's gloating, and quite pleased with herself that she's fabulous enough to have a blog written about her. She said you're a good step-daddy. But you need to scoo her poo more often. :)

    ReplyDelete