Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Three months down...What have I learned?? Mom knows best!

It has been over three months since my Lilly was born and even in that short amount of time I have learned quite a bit.  I did have experience coming into Lilly’s birth with the help of my niece Audrey.  I used to say there is nothing better than being an Uncle.  I could go over and hangout with Audrey for hours spoiling her then leaves her with her parents to deal with the aftermath of Uncle Brian.  I was wrong; being a Dad is the best part.  I get to see Lilly grow everyday, see her smile and get excited when Molly and I walk into her room after she wakes up, and also change those crazy diapers (Molly does change way more than me though).  I get to hold her when she wants me too, mimic the sounds she makes in hopes she will mimic me when I makes sounds to her, and try to raise to by a Buckeyes fan/Texas Tech fan.  I also get to see my beautiful wife Molly become the best Mother ever.  
I could not tell you how important Molly is to me and Lilly.  She is there for Lilly 24/7 and knows what is wrong with her by her cry.  I am still in guessing stages on her different cries, but I do know the hungry cry and the wet diaper cry.  Molly jumps right into action and seems to know what Lilly needs.  I watch in amazement seeing how it is like Lilly and her have a secret language.  I will try eight different things and she could still be crying and then bam Molly jumps in and offers advice and Lilly stops crying.  I was thinking this morning that the phrase working mother is redundant.  Being a mother is work and my wife is the best mother/wife ever!  Sophia Loren once said “When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts.  A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child.” I am very lucky to have such a great wife and mother for my Lilly and future kids. 

 I couldn’t picture myself without this amazing, beautiful, sexy Woman!  I love you with all of my heart!

1 comment:

  1. Oh y'all will be together forever.. We love you both!!!

    ReplyDelete