Tuesday, January 11, 2011

My first blog post ever...

I have wanted to start a blog since I saw how much fun my wife has with hers.  She does a great job posting on onepumpkinandcounting.blogspot.com.  I have been sitting here for a little over an hour now trying to think of the best post for the first blog post.  So here it goes….
Since I've been blessed with a child in my life, I realize there are two distinct and different roles I hold for my daughter. I'm both a father and a dad. Some people get the responsibilities and the roles all mixed up, but there are some of us who know the difference.
First:
I knew I was a father when I got so scared and happy when my wife told me she was pregnant.           
I knew I was a dad when I had a reason to go to a toy store instead of trying to relive my childhood.     
Second:
I knew I was a father when I would get tingle from touching my wife’s pregnant belly.
I knew I was a dad when I would sing Journey songs to my wife’s belly in hope that my unborn daughter would love the band as much as I did.
Last:
I knew I was a father when I struggled with CRAZY diaper changes (see picture below).


I knew I was a dad when it really did not matter how crazy the diapers were. 
This is just a small part of what I am going to be blogging about and I hope you come to enjoy the Daddy Chronicles.

2 comments: